New Life Baptist Church Core Beliefs
We believe the Bible to be the complete Word of God.
- That the 66 books of the Old and New Testament were inspired by the Spirit of God as originally written.
- That the Bible is 100% true without any mixture of error.
- That the Bible is the final authority in all matters of faith and conduct ·
We believe in one God, Creator of all, holy, sovereign, eternal, existing in three equal Persons, the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit
We believe that Jesus is both entirely man and entirely God.
- He is the Son of God, come to this earth, born of a virgin, and lived a perfect, sinless life.
- He died on the cross as payment for our sin and rose again on the 3rd in bodily ressurection to give us eterna life.
- He went back to heaven where he sits at the right hand of God the Father and interceeds for us on our behalf.
The Holy Spirit
We believe The Holy Spirit is entirely God.
- He convincts of sin, of righteousness and of judgment
- He regenerates our hearts, indwells our hearts, seals our salvation, sanctifies our souls, teaches our minds, and comforts all of those who believe in Jesus Christ
- He gives us His gifts as He wills and fills those who submit to Him.
We believe that Adam (the first human being) was divinely created in the image of God
- That by the sin of disobedience he fell from that state, plunging all of mankind into sin.
- Because of that original sin, all men are born into a state of sin and are therefore in need of salvation.
We believe that salvation is necessary for anyone to be forgiven of their sins, to be in a right relationship with God, and to be spared for the judgement (hell) that is to come.
- Salvation can only come through the shed blood of Jesus Christ.
- That justification is by faith alone in the all-sufficient sacrifice and resurrection of the Lord Jesus Christ
- That those who give their life to Christ are sealed by the Holy Spirit, never to lose their salvation or be seperated from God forever.